Software Engineer Hiring | 100% Remote | Phaidra Hiring
Phaidra is building the future of industrial automation.
The world today is filled with static, monolithic infrastructure. Factories, power plants, buildings, etc. operate the same they’ve operated for decades — because the controls programming is hard-coded. Thousands of lines of rules and heuristics that define how the machines interact with each other. The result of all this hard-coding is that facilities are frozen in time, unable to adapt to their environment while their performance slowly degrades.
Phaidra creates AI-powered control systems for the industrial sector, enabling industrial facilities to automatically learn and improve over time. Specifically:
- The intelligence is provided by reinforcement learning algorithms, which convert raw sensor data into high-value actions and decisions.
- We focus on industrial applications, which tend to be well-sensorized with measurable KPIs — perfect for reinforcement learning.
- We enable domain experts (our users) to configure the AI control systems (i.e. agents) without writing code. They define what they want their AI agents to do, and we do it for them.
Our team has a track record of applying AI to some of the toughest problems. From achieving superhuman performance with DeepMind’s AlphaGo, to reducing the energy required to cool Google’s Data Centers by 40%, we deeply understand AI and how to apply it in production for massive impact.
We are looking for a driven Software Engineer to be a part of our growing Platform Engineering team. You are bold and creative, and have deep empathy for customers who may not be tech-savvy. You will design and implement significant parts of the code base and will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact with your work and guide the product and team as we grow.
The Platform Engineering team at Phaidra is responsible for building the core AI platform that powers data ingestion & processing, feature stores, model training & inference and decision making in our products.
JOIN HERE 👇👇To get an Early notification
Responsibilities at Phaidra Hiring
As an organization, we strongly believe in expertise across the stack. As such, you will experience flavors of Software Engineering, Distributed Systems, MLOps and DevOps. In particular, you will –
- Build components for the data platform –
- Realtime data ingestion APIs based on REST and MQTT to enable our partners and customers to integrate with ease.
- Data adapters for industrial protocols such as OPC UA.
- Distributed data processing pipelines and scalable feature store.
- Product features for data health monitoring and alerts.
- Build components for the machine learning platform –
- Distributed model training and evaluation
- Distributed inference and realtime decision making for autonomous control of industrial systems.
- Model observability and model performance monitoring.
- Incorporate new Deep RL techniques in the platform that are developed by our AI research engineers.
- Make the platform deployable in cloud, hybrid and on-prem environments.
- Perform DevOps duties of CI/CD, Release & Deployment management.
In your first 30 days…
- You will be immersed in an onboarding program that introduces you to Phaidra and our product.
- You will spend time in the Engineering org, learning how the teams operate, interact, and approach problems.
- You will read various parts of our handbook and familiarize yourself with the documentation culture at Phaidra.
- You will set up your development environment and start working on an onboarding exercise that will introduce you to various parts of our code base.
- You will learn about how we use agile and be able to navigate our sprint boards and backlogs.
- You will learn about various team standards and development & release processes.
- You will start to learn about our system architecture and infrastructure.
By your first 60 days…
- You will have a solid understanding of what Phaidra does and how we do it.
- You will have met with team members across Phaidra and started building relationships that will help you be successful at your job.
- You will have completed the onboarding exercise and will be on your way to completing your first production task.
- You will have started initial discussions with engineering, product & solutions teams to get an understanding of Phaidra’s data requirements.
By your first 90 days…
- You will have been fully integrated in the team and with team members across the company.
- You will get a more in-depth understanding of our system architecture and infrastructure.
- You will have completed your first on-call experience helping monitor and improve our production environments.
- You will have become an expert with our tooling.
- You will have understood the data requirements at Phaidra and formulated roadmaps and strategies for execution.
- You will have started to contribute to knowledge sharing throughout Phaidra.
Key Qualifications for Phaidra Hiring
- 0+ years of work experience.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with traditional Software Engineering – relational and non-relational data modeling, micro-services, understanding of event driven systems, etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning: Knowledge and preferably completed course on Supervised, Unsupervised and Reinforcement Learning.
- Share our company values: curiosity, ownership, transparency & directness, outcome-based performance, and customer empathy.
JOIN HERE 👇👇To get an Early notification
- Strong expertise in Python
- Experience in Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Experience with production level MLOps – feature engineering, distributed model training, serving & inference, etc.
- Experience with building applications that can be deployed in cloud, hybrid or on-prem environments.
- Exposure to some industrial control systems and/or processes.
- Experience with industrial data protocols such as OPC UA, MQTT, etc.
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform & Kapitan
- ArgoCD, Atlantis, Vercel
- Kubeflow & Ray.io
- PubSub, CloudSQL, BigTable, Postgres
- REST & gRPC micro-services
Benefits & Perks at Phaidra Hiring
- Fast-paced and team-oriented environment where you will be instrumental in the direction of the company.
- Phaidra is a fully-remote company – work anywhere, anytime.
- Competitive compensation & early equity.
- Outsized responsibilities & professional development.
- Training is foundational; functional, customer immersion, and development training.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance (offerings based on region). We cover 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- MacBook and home office setup stipend.
JOIN HERE 👇👇To get an Early notification
Base Salary Range
India residents: 16L to 18L
US residents: US$121,000 – US$190,000
Canada residents: CA$95,000 – CA$172,000
This role will also include equity.
On being Remote
We are thoughtful about remote collaboration. We look to the pioneers – like Gitlab – for inspiration and best practices to create a stellar remote work environment. We have a documentation first culture and actively practice asynchronous communication in everything we do. We are deliberate about documenting and living our values – of which accessibility, transparency, and agility are key. Our team stays connected through tools like Slack and Video Chat. We meet daily and have dedicated all-hands meetings to build strong relationships. We hold virtual team building events – and even hold virtual socials to watch rocket launches! We will have in-person All-Hands meetings once a year as travel opens back up.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Phaidra is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Phaidra is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status. We welcome diversity and strive to maintain an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance with completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org