About Software Development Engineer Intern At Urban Company(UrbanClab) For 2022 Batch
About Software Development Engineer Intern At Urban Company(UrbanClab) For 2022 Batch- Home services is a large, unorganized industry in India. Indian consumers spend ~ USD 30 Billion annually on home services. They largely rely on word of mouth and friends-family recommendations for search and discovery. There is no large, well run, billion-dollar Company in this category today. The industry lacks scale benefits – standardization, transparency and trust.
In the absence of organized players, the current market architecture is froth with middle-men and aggregators, who control market access and keep a lion’s share of the margins. As a result, experiences are broken for both customers and end service professionals. The industry could easily be 1.5-2x larger than it is today, if frictions in transaction journeys are removed – and experiences made more meaningful and memorable
Also Read: Goldman Sachs Engineering Campus Hiring
JOIN HERE 👇👇To get an Early notification
Urban Company (UrbanClap)
Urban Company (formerly UrbanClap) is Asia’s largest home services platform, present across India, UAE, Australia and Singapore. We help customers book reliable home services – beauty treatments, massages, plumbing, carpentry, painting, cleaning etc. Since its inception in November 2014, the company has expanded to 22 cities, served over 5 million customers, and on boarded 30,000 trained and skilled service professionals.
We at Urban Company (earlier UrbanClap) are enabling commerce for home services. Over the last 5+ years, since starting the company, we have emerged as a clear market leader in India and backed by the best investors with 100M in raised capital. We are now investing deeply in our capabilities, across technology, training, supply, etc., to literally introduce India to a branded service experience, and in the process creating hundreds of thousands of jobs for the service sector. After having done well in all the premium cities in India. We are now international and live in Dubai, Australia & Singapore. We are amongst the fastest and the most stable mid-sized consumer tech startups in the country, with a fantastic team of problem solvers.
Requirement For Software Development Engineer Intern At Urban Company(UrbanClab) For 2022 Batch
- Working on complex architectural problems.
- Think about abstractions, systems and services and write high quality code.
- Have an understanding of loopholes in current systems/architecture which can potential break in future and push towards solving them with other stakeholders.
- Think through complex architecture to build robust platforms to serve together all the categories and flows, solve for scale and work on internally build services to cater to our growing needs.
JOIN HERE 👇👇To get an Early notification
What are we looking for?
- Ability to build scalable, sustainable, reliable and secure products based on past experience and leading teams and projects by themselves.
- Ability to bring new practices, architectural choices and new initiatives onto the table to make overall tech stack more robust.
- 0-1 year of experience in the industry solving complex problems from scratch and have graduate/post-graduate degree from top-tier universities.
- History and familiarity with server side architecture based on APIs, databases, infrastructure and systems.
- Ability to own the technical road map for systems/components.
What After Becoming Inter at Urban Company (UrbanClab)
- We should build for accelerating to 10x. That scale has UC doing 10M services monthly, a single-day peak of 500k services, and a highly trained base of 200k service professionals.
- The bedrock behind accelerating that scale and innovation is Tech First. Tech First means a world where steady state requires zero people in the org, where all processes (internal or for customers/partners) are autonomous via code, where tech is embedded into every way of decisioning, where tech allows a higher power of compounding.
- The top levers for tech to lead in the next 2-3 years are:
- Redefining Retail (customer centric, category nuanced retail experience) – Differentiated Brand Promise, Wide Selection, Affordable Pricing, Trust in the Platform, Customer Programs
- Excellence In Experience (excellence, consistency in delivering a service) – Marketplace Management, SOP Compliance, Quality Engine, Authentic Products, Recovery & Support
- Digital Supply Creation (digitalised creation of highly skilled, loyal supply base) – Supply Acquisition, Selection & Onboarding, Training, Efficient Time Management, Financial Success
- Technology Driven Rituals (make human-powered decision making, operations redundant through tech) – Experimentation, Data Driven Solutions, Tooling & Insights, Automated Configurations
|Join Our Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Join Our Whatsapp Group||Click Here|
|Follow us on LinkedIn||Click Here|
|Follow us on Facebook||Click Here|