HSBC Mega Off Campus Drive 2023 | Hiring for Analyst Intern | Hybrid Work
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Business: Global Finance Operations in HSBC
Role Title: GFOC Analyst – Intern
Global Career Band: 8
Location (Country, City): India, Gurgaon
Recruiter Name : Madhura Gupte
- Global Finance Operations (GFO) is the backbone of the HSBC Global Finance function, responsible for production of financial reports and insights for our global businesses & legal entities and external regulators & investors. We have a global footprint and we operate within a robust control environment, eliminating operational risk and driving efficiency and effectiveness as one team. GFO capabilities include – Data management, Financial Analytics & Modeling, Strategic Planning, Forecasting & Stress Testing, Financial Control, Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, Management and Business Reporting, Asset Liability & Capital Management, Product Control and Finance Systems.
- At HSBC we aspire to be the best bank in the world. In HSBC Global Finance we aspire to be the best Finance function in our industry, and exponentially better at everything we do. Finance Operations in HSBC is currently undergoing its biggest transformation till date and adopting cloud technology, which will fundamentally change how the function operates now and in the future. This provides candidates an excellent opportunity to learn and be a part of industry leading change.
What you’ll do
- At HSBC we aspire to be the best bank in the world. In Global Finance we aspire to be the best Finance function in our industry, and exponentially better at everything we do. Finance Operations is currently undergoing its biggest transformation till date and adopting cloud technology, which will fundamentally change how the function operates now and in the future. This provides candidates an excellent opportunity to learn and be a part of industry leading change.
- Finance Operations in HSBC aims to build best in class new age Reporting, Analytics, Data Operations teams that are expected to use newer tools & techniques to solve use cases across predictive analytics, advanced analytics, process improvements and deployment of cloud solutions. The aim to have an agile set of highly skilled team members that are able to come up with out of box thinking & solutions for all businesses and regions.
- In addition, Digital Enablement and Finance Systems Operations as part of Finance Operations are responsible for providing a seamless change & application support that includes production support for all group reporting applications globally incl. Finance on the Cloud. The team support entails process automation, identification of duplicates by pattern matching and meta data analysis to a consolidation/collaborative solution for enhanced controls implementation.
- These roles in HSBC would be expected to be at the center of how Finance Operations shapes, delivers and embed automation changes, working with the business and our other delivery partners. Where the interns are planned internally by the leadership team to different areas as part of strategic priorities that may demand cross-skilling & upskilling aspects as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
Impact on the Business/Function
- Work as part of data science/operations/ analytics teams to help deliver exercises such as the stress tests/ advanced analytics PoC’s/ Cloud based data applications, statistical modelling as well as any additional ad hoc requests from senior management. This is across revenue & cost domain
- Setting up and use of Cloud platform & data for advanced analytics solutions – development & deployment of solutions across various finance verticals
- Support in developing analytical tools, models to provide insights into the bank’s performance for above use cases
- Help deliver POCs from various sub functions by providing subject matter knowledge in the relevant areas.
- Develop programs in Python / R/ BiqQuey/ SQL/ Visualisation tools to deliver above solutions
- Succinctly summarize approach and outcomes of analysis, including any key assumptions and/or limitations along with use of the main data systems related to above use cases.
- Extract data from the main data systems for use in analysis, and be involved in data preparation, management, and analysis.
- Be agile and continuously learn newer and efficient ways of solving problems
- Work with multiple customers/functions on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Appetite to gain as much business knowledge through the project managers / seniors in the current team within GFO or from business stakeholders. Gaining fair understanding of business and product landscape across all business units is
- important for the incumbent.
- Demonstrate strong sense of ownership and accountability on projects through regular communication with internal project managers and business stakeholders.
- Responsiveness to stakeholder queries and resolve issues and queries pertaining to projects/ reports
Leadership & Teamwork
- Ensure personal integrity and adherence to established HSBC policy on conduct, compliance and ISR.
- Understand personal training needs and take initiative to follow through personal development plan in conjunction with line manager.
- Builds trust of partners (onshore and off-shore), seniors alike by demonstrating HSBC values & practices.
- Able to communicate well and form good relationship with team members and business partners.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure adherence with all the applicable compliance policies (Data security policy, AML, operational risk, Functional manual, Group Compliance Manual, Audit recommendations, Internal Control requirements, regulatory guidelines etc.) and business standards of Organization as applicable.
- Take timely action on Audit comments as guided by the line manager and be able to demonstrate compliance with Internal controls Requirements
What you will need to succeed in the role:
The job holder is required to ensure the provision of complete, true and accurate analysis/ project delivery and report to functional management and senior executives under the supervision of his / her line manager, in order to facilitate effective decision making.
- 4-year Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from reputed University with specialism in computer science, engineering, Information Technology or other quantitative fields.
- Graduate/ Post-graduate degree with relevant field (Finance/Economics/Operation Research/Statistics/Mathematics/ B.Tech/ MBA/ Data Science)
- Certification courses in Data Science/Risk Management or similar areas will be added advantage
- Excellent coding skills in latest statistical packages/apps SAS/R/Python
- Term papers with demonstrated skills set in modelling, forecasting and optimization
- Excellent quantitative aptitude and hands-on proficiency with analytical tools such as Python, Qlik, Microsoft Power Automate, Tableau, SAS and R.
- Highly focused on project delivery, attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaborative, influencing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, open minded, flexible, pragmatic
- Good estimation and planning skills
- Ability to deal in a multi-stakeholder relationship in a complex environment
- Able to progress multiple tasks at the same time
- Enthusiastic, displaying energy, drive and stamina
- Willing to work with colleagues in other areas/ time zones where appropriate
- Prior experience in dealing with virtual business partners across the globe
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- ZeroWCode Hiring Software Engineers | Salary upto 10 LPA | Opportunity for Freshers & Experienced
- Bloomberg Hiring Interns | Opportunity for Undergraduate Students | Software Engineer Intern 2024
- Wipro Off Campus Drive 2023 | Hiring for DevOps Engineers | Opportunity for graduates
- KPMG Off Campus Drive 2024 | Opportunity as Software Engineer | BE/BTech/ME/MTech
- Infor Recruiting Engineers | Opportunity for Freshers & Experienced | Associate Software Engineer
|Join Our Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Join Our Whatsapp Group||Click Here|
|Follow us on LinkedIn||Click Here|
|Follow us on Facebook||Click Here|
|Follow us on Instagram||Click Here|